Registrations for any 8 or 4 week course includes: Hands-on instruction, 25 lbs of clay, free Open Studio access during the term of the class, personal storage shelf, use of all studio glaze and underglaze.
Whether you are a Student or Monthly Open Studio Member, you will find a time that is convenient for you to come in and practice or work on your next masterpiece! Zen And Now Clay Studio provides a friendly, relaxed, fun and informative atmosphere to learn and work in all clay avenues. Expert help is available whenever you feel the need for rescue or advice.
All Levels Classes listed below are wheel throwing unless noted as hand-building. Each class teacher will build on your own level of experience from beginning to advanced. The classes are project oriented so that everyone learns each important skill at their own pace. 210.00 / 8 weeks or 125.00 / 4 week sessions. Four week sessions must begin either at the first half or last half of the session.
Sunday. Martie Seay. SEY101 : 2 pm - 4:30 pm (April 7-June 2 ) Wheel
Monday. C. Winokur. WIN101: 10 am - 12:30 pm (April 8- May 27) Wheel
Learn to watercolor! All the fundamentals you will need to learn in a relaxed, fun atmosphere with organized lesson plans that will guide you. Each week builds on the week before with techniques and tricks to make learning logical and very do-able. 80.00 (see tab on left for supply lists) / 4 weeks.
Thursday. Estelle Hart. HRT102: 3:30 pm- 5:30 pm TBA
Drawing, 4 week class
2. Hand-building/Modeling (Intermediate): Requires at least one class term of hand-building experience. Learn to construct larger, intricate hand-built pieces. Experience and use multiple, combined techniques.
3. Wheel-Thrown Pottery (Beginner): Requires no experience in throwing. Learn to center, pull a cylinder and make basic shapes on the potter's wheel.
4. Wheel-Thrown Pottery (Beginner/Intermediate): Suitable for beginners and a good development course for those with some throwing experience.
5. Wheel-Thrown Pottery (Intermediate): Requires at least one class term of experience in throwing (some hand-building experience recommended). Learn to make and attach handles and spouts and make lids for your thrown pieces.
6. Wheel-Thrown (Advanced): Master lids, handles, attachments and altering forms.
7. Monthly Membership (Open Studio): Independent study, must complete at least one four week class to qualify. We have a special throwing room available for use when classes are in session.
8. Open Studio: Times available for practice for students and members. We have a special throwing room available for use when classes are in session. All classes include open studio privileges.
Open Studio Membership
30 days of open studio privilege, plus 25 pounds of clay, one metal shelf. 100.00.
Mondays: 10am - 6:30pm
Tuesdays: 10am - 8pm
Wednesdays: 10am - 9pm
Thursdays: 2pm - 8pm
Fridays: 2pm - 8pm
Saturdays: 10am - 5pm
Sundays: 1pm - 5pm
Closed on holidays.